Move House With 5th.in Packers and Movers in Dwarka Delhi
If you are moving house you will be well aware of the stress involved in organizing everything, from dealing with the change of address to the packing and moving of all of your belongings and possessions. Writing out a moving house list of things to do can help you to deal with one thing at a time, and give you a sense that you are getting somewhere as you tick things off the list. Get more info here
It will also help to give you a definitive guide of everything you need to remember and lessen the chance of forgetting or overlooking something. The moving house checklist below can give you a good start as a guide to some of the things you can do in the weeks leading up to the move. Visit 5th.in and get the list of verified packers and movers in Dwarka Delhi.
House Moving Check List
6-8 Weeks before the move
- Go through everything you own and decide what is coming with you and what you do not need. Take the opportunity to ‘de-clutter’ before you move into your new home. Sell or donate any possessions that you no longer need, you may raise some money towards the move, and will reduce the amount that needs to be transported.
- If you are doing your own packing start collecting boxes, bubble wrap, old newspapers, and any other packing materials you can find.
- Start thinking about the layout of your new home, plan which room furniture will go in and how you want to set things up; this will take away the stress of deciding on the day.
- Book any travel or accommodation if you need to stay in a hotel for a night, and arrange any child and pet care.
- Familiarise yourself with your new area; find out where schools, shops, and doctors are.
4-5 Weeks before the move
- Give your change of address to your bank or building society, credit card company, pension provider, the insurance company, and any other companies with which you hold an account.
- Contact broadband and phone service providers to arrange a change of address on your account.
- Inform the Inland Revenue, the electoral role, the local council
- Book a removal company well in advance if you decide to use one.
- Make a final decision on the things which you are not taking, and make a start on packing.
- Involve children in the relocation, ask them to help with packing, and talk to them about the layout in the new house.
2-3 Weeks before the move
- Speak to the removal firm or make alternative arrangements for items that may need specialist transportation.
- Pack any items which are precious or hold sentimental value, such as jewelry, photos, or keepsakes, and keep the box safe ready to travel with you on the day.
- Make a list of important phone numbers for solicitors, estate agents, utility companies, banks, internet providers, and insurance companies, and list any account numbers and passwords.
- Get all your important paperwork together, such as birth certificates and medical records, and keep it in a file to travel with you when you move.
- If you are moving by yourself book a van or lorry in advance of the day, and arrange pick-up and drop-off times.
- Decide which plants you can take with you and make arrangements for the rest.
- Set up a mail forwarding service with the Post Office and inform them of your change of address, they usually require up to ten days’ notice.
The week before the move
- Contact gas and electricity providers to arrange for the supply to be cut off the day after you move and arrange a new supplier for your new home.
- Contact the water authorities to arrange for the supply to be cut off at your existing property the day after you move, and contact your new authority to arrange a connection of the supply at your new property.
- Send change of address cards out to friends and family.
- Cancel milk deliveries and newspaper and magazine subscriptions.
- Return any books to the library.
The day before the move
- Pack a bag with a change of clothes and toiletries ready for the first night in your new house.
- Back a box of essential items for the first day, such as paper plates and cups, cutlery, tea and coffee, a kettle and a saucepan, water, and snacks.
- Pack a ‘survival’ kit for the other end just in case, include things like a torch, matches, light bulbs, candles, tools, and some cash. Keep the box in your car close at hand.
- Plan for an evening meal on a moving day; eating out or fish and chips may be the easiest option.
- Make sure all the packing is done and boxes are ready to be loaded onto the van. Make sure all boxes are clearly marked so they can be unloaded easily at the other end into the right rooms.
- Defrost the fridge and freezer, ready for a final clean.
- If you are taking any food, make sure jars and containers are well sealed to avoid any spillages, tape them if necessary.
The day of the move
- Take children to their carers, or if they are staying with you make sure you give them clear instructions as to what they should be doing, and try to keep them entertained by making it fun.
- Strip bedding and curtains and pack into a box ready to take out for the first night at the new property.
- Dismantle beds if necessary.
- Give the house one last clean.
- Take a tour of the entire house before you leave to make sure nothing has been left behind.
- Lock all the doors and windows, and turn off all the switches in the house.
- Take final gas and electricity meter readings.
- Return the keys to the vendor or estate agent.
There are sure to be several things you can add to this checklist for moving house, which is specific to you and your home, but using a checklist like the one above is a useful tool to help make moving house a slightly less stressful experience. Know about Dwarka Delhi.
Note: click this link and get the most expert house moving service providers in South Delhi. https://5th.in/packers-and-movers-south-delhi/